This comes as a late post as my birthday was actually a few months ago, but I’ve been thinking about a lot of things lately and thought this would make a great post.
I don’t think it’s quite sunken in that I’ve actually turned 25, I think I stopped counting after I reached 21! Every year when my birthday comes around, I never feel any different (who does?), but infact when I think about it and reflect on the past and how much I’ve grown and experienced, I’ve come a long way.
So I thought it was time I shared a little bit of wisdom that I’ve gained over the years from just generally living my life; I don’t claim to know it all and I know that I still have so much more to learn, but I hope you find this interesting to read or can even relate to! If you’re younger than me, I hope you would find these helpful!
Here goes my 25 things I’ve learned at 25:
- Some people come into your life as a blessing, others come as a lesson.
- If it costs you your happiness, then it’s too damn expensive.
- When you succeed, pay attention to those who say nothing.
- Karma does come back around, just not always as quickly as you’d like it to.
- Foam mattresses are worth the investment.
- Saying ‘no’ more often to things you really don’t care about is good for you.
- Trust yourself and go with your gut instinct.
- Choosing to live for yourself and no one else is freedom.
- You’re not the same person you were 10 years ago, allow yourself to change and evolve.
- Love is all about sacrifice, compromise and being selfless.
- Don’t suppress your emotions and tears, as they won’t disappear and will find a way to resurface. Find out the root cause and deal with them.
- Don’t worry about what other people think, just do you.
- It’s never too late to change your path.
- Don’t be afraid of the unknown and take a chance.
- You might not be able to control the situation, but you can control your mindset and attitude.
- Dulce de Leche ice cream is the pick-me-up you need after a bad day.
- Your childhood explains a lot about why you’re the way you are.
- Dreams speak a higher truth.
- Travel feeds the soul.
- If at first you don’t succeed, dye, dye and dye again (your hair I mean).
- Don’t sit on the fence in fear of being judged, your opinion is valuable and will be respected by others.
- My tolerance for drama and shit is now zero.
- People can’t read your mind, so express yourself.
- The struggles of a savings plan has never been more real.
- Being different to everyone else is a blessing in disguise.
I feel like these would make great life quotes or Instagram captions, don’t you think? haha! Or maybe they would be too cringey, idk.
Thank you for reading this post and I hope you enjoyed it! Can you relate to any of these?