Now that it’s June and the weather in UK is finally starting to lighten up (stop with the mood swings UK!) it’s time to bring out the summer antics – BBQs, house parties and picnics at the park! Recently, I’ve been really craving a nice minty Mojito to keep me chilled out in this heat, and so my boyfriend and I have come up with this simple recipe on how to make your own Mojito this summer! It only takes about 2 mins – Read on to find out more:
Image Source: Noblepig.com
Vodka/white rum(if you want to add alcohol)
1. put a small bunch of mint leaves into a glass and crush it with a spoon
2. add a teaspoon of sugar/syrup (you can add more later on if it’s not sweet enough)
3. cut 2 or 3 slices of lime and add this into the glass and squeeze out the juice with a spoon
4. add a tablespoon of lime/lemon juice
5. Fill the glass up with Lemonade/Sprite and mix well
6. (You can add alcohol to the drink if you wish)
You can change the amount of sugar or slices of lime in this drink depending on your own taste. I find that adding more mint leaves helps to bring out the flavour better!
Here’s how ours turned out:
Pretty cute right? We decided to use our couple mason jars haha!
And that’s how you make a Mojito! Hope you all enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog, Facebook or Instagram to see more food and lifestyle posts like this 🙂